Sunday 8 April 2012

The greatest diet of all

It's been a while since I've thought about sex.  Sex in the true sense.  Sex that makes you forget all else, makes the world stop (and the stars come out).  Sex that feels so damn good you look at the clock and somehow 3 hours have passed while you are wrapped around your loved one. 
I miss this kind of sex.  It's been a bloody long time since I got laid, and sooooooo much longer since I had a really good time in bed.  Nearly a year, in fact.  That is so depressing. 
But while I would like to have those incredible experiences again, I am adamant I will not just drop trou for any dick that comes along.  I want it to mean something.  In all my years as a lover (and oddly enough, I have only recently become comfortable using such an expression) I have learnt that the best experiences come from a man who knows you, knows your body, knows what and how you like it and can make you sing like a soprano - with a great big smile on his face as he gets the ultimate ego boost. 
Today I've been dwelling on Easter, obesity and overindulgence.  Sadly I have not overindulged in chocolate, had a roast dinner, nor have I consumed alcohol.  I have seen my nan, which to me is more important than all the above.  And it got me thinking about her love for my grandad (a man I never met sadly), who was a handsome man.  She was a beautiful woman.  Her comment to me that I'll find the right man eventually made me smile. She knows how tough my break-up was, and that I am truly much happier being single.  Or maybe just not being with my ex anymore.  But I am better off this way.  It just would be nice to get laid occasionally.  But as I don't want a fuck buddy or a tawdry affair (at this point in time; if it changes and I do want that and I have it and no-one gets hurt, then I'll go with it.  Life is all about choice), I am not getting it at the moment.  I want it in a meaningful relationship. 

Love is not easy.  It’s tough to find, and requires real effort to maintain.  This isn’t easy when considering the other pressures involved in adulthood.  But it is oh-so-worth-it.  Especially when after a long hard day at work, I want to come in, skip dinner and go straight to the dessert.  An evening in bed with my fella is just the perfect tonic to reality. 
It’s probably no surprise that my favourite diet is the sex diet.  It’s pretty much what is says on the tin, but for the uninitiated, I’ll explain:  Sex is your main form of exercise.  As well as being a good cardiovascular activity (scientifically proven), multiple orgasms do wonders for your abs and glutes.  It also lifts your mood thanks to the lovely endorphins and serotonin released during lovemaking.  This in turn prevents you snacking on junk for a happiness fix.  You enhance this positivity by eating aphrodisiac foods (asparagus and strawberries are excellent health foods) and food which can be eaten in bed, or off one another’s bodies.  Pretty straightforward.  Plus it has the benefit of bringing you closer to your partner.  As with all diet and exercise regimes, I must add a warning label – this should not be practised with someone you don’t want to become extremely close to, and safe sex should be practised to prevent personal injury. 
 Unfortunately, they don't make condoms for the heart.  Which is why my knickers are staying firmly around my hips at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment