Thursday 29 December 2011

A not-so-cold December

It's been an extremely interesting week. In the space of 6 days I went from having noone, to having several situations. 
One, several colleagues trying to set me and another coworker up together. Easy to laugh off, but then once I realised he did actually care for me I felt bloody awkward. I'd love it if he and I could be friends but time will tell. The annoying thing is I feel really comfortable around him, like he truly gets me, but the problem is he's too lazy. Given my efforts to get my lazy ex moving and doing, I am not inclined to repeat the same mistake. But I don't want to hurt him. 
Two, the perennial flirt. The colleague who is tactile, friendly and always has his group around him. It's nice he is so socially inclusive, but when I started getting texts from him after his nights out, I realised it was time to remind him that he does in fact have a girlfriend. Add to this the fact there is something going on between him and another colleague and that's a pickle I really don't want. 
Three, mcsexy. Oh he is beautiful. But having initially thought he was gay, and thus been totally myself around him, I was pretty shocked to realise he was straight and flirting with me. Saw him a few times after that but nothing happened. But damn he awoke my libido! 

So that's my update. A hell of a lot of crazy man-related stuff. But still not breaking the celibacy rule. I know the point of this was no man-stuff whatsoever, but realistically - how realistic was that?! If I interact with people, I will inevitably meet guys. It's my actions that count not my feelings. The purpose was to change my behaviour and I am definitely doing that. So perhaps I need to stop being so hard on myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment