Monday 12 December 2011

Life is cyclical. There are always new things being born, things growing. Deprived areas of cities are improved, new buildings erected, new things developed.
I feel that my life was in a circle for long time.  But now I feel lucky to have the chance to reevaluate. Having introspected, I have now stepped out of the cycle. It's wonderful. The difference this time around is, I feel like there are new and exciting opportunities for me, and I'm not waiting for the next guy to come along and pick me up. I'm working for a fantastic organisation, and actually relishing the fact that my life revolves around my career and not a man for the first time in perhaps forever.
In this vein, I am really excited at the prospect of being the cat lady this weekend. I'll have the house to myself, curl up with my duvet on the sofa and watch DVDs. And see my friends too, but I love the idea of the chance to do this. I don't want to become an old cat spinster, as I would like to find love again and I don't want to be old and alone. But its nice to have a break from relationships and be me for a while. It's nice to not be scared to be single.  I love that my libido has deserted me and I don't feel enslaved by desire or men.  

No comments:

Post a Comment