Friday 30 March 2012

Time, patience and an absence of stress is the best way to date

...and I'm back on the will he call won't he call game.  He's replied, I've replied to see if he does want to see me again. If its a no, fine. But I'm not umming and awing around. If he doesn't want to, next! But I'm curious to see if guys say things on dates and don't stick to it, or why they do that. I'll be surprised if I get a reply, but let's see. Part of me thinks I'm jinxing it but align about it. But safety dictated you tell someone where you're going. And I'm not doing the superstitious thing. If something is meant to happen, it will, but I'm not getting hung up on it. Maybe that's because I no longer rush into romance, or maybe because I'm not sure whether I really like him. He was cute, intelligent, and we had quite a bit in common, but if I'm not sure maybe he isn't too. The truth is it takes a long time to get to know someone, and if I'm happy to take new friendships slowly and see how they pan out, I'm taking the same approach with dating. I'd like to multi-date, American style, and see which (if any ) go anywhere, but I truly am much happier being single than being with the wrong guy. I think being older helps with this, as does feeling stronger and more confident, and the self-awareness that came from self-imposed celibacy.  But admittedly, once you start to like a guy, if he doesn't call it sucks. So I'll wait and see what materialises. Whatever, I had a pleasant evening. Which is a pretty good start considering some of the others!  Or maybe it all comes down to having low expectations when you meet someone? After all if they are too high, you can only be disappointed. But that doesn't mean my standards are low. And I respect myself too much to get messed around. So I'll go with, if he doesn't call, he's just not that in to me. But then, of he does call, that might go crappily too.... Time and patience (and lots of options!) are the best way to get involved. No dramas, just fun and flirtation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment