Friday 23 March 2012

In vino veritas: the illumination of sobriety

Tonight has been a rather illuminating night. Being out and staying sober, when others are drinking, is usually an interesting experience. To a certain extent it is alright, then people get a bit too drunk and it starts going downhill.  Tonight I learned:  a) The new member of staff is a lesbian and has taken a serious liking to me.  b) One of my colleagues sees me like a little sister; very sweet, nice, young and with a good open heart. We had a lovely chat, and she told me she's involved with a colleague.  c) A colleague who is 10 years older than me really likes me. He treats me in a little sister/flirtation way. Him hugging me all evening, and kissing the top of my head (he's a foot taller than me) not to mention grabbing my arse a few times confirms this.  d) The guy I have been into for the last 5 weeks is not into me. This was evidenced by him barely talking to me and our colleague sitting on his lap all evening. While he had his hand on her arse. So that's never going to happen with him. At least I know, so I won't spend any more time wanting him. I just feel like a bit of a fool, especially having told a couple of the girls. But I'll laugh it off when I get back to the office on Monday.  To conclude, I've realised I'm not really up for going out with work people much at the moment. I'm seen as sweet, not a stunner, and not very sexual - so much for trying to be classy, seductive and attractive without trying too hard. Maybe I have to accept that guys see me as cute, and so I'm not actually very high in the league table. Oh well. I suppose it's better to be nice than a femme fatale, especially in the workplace.  A productive and informative evening all round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment