Thursday 15 March 2012

Big boobs doesn't mean a faster shag

According to the media, Cheryl Cole has a bad love life and can't find a decent man. It took Jennifer Anniston 5 years after her divorce to find a trust-worthy, commitment-minded male. If these goddesses have trouble, what chance do the rest of us have?  I'm not the most beautiful woman in the world - far from it. But I don't look like the elephant man either. So I can't help but wonder today, what's wrong with me?  Before you wonder if this is going to be a wallowing, self-indulgent moan, let me clarify - its not. This is a genuine question prompted by a certain male. Actually by several of them, and the last in a line has made me throw my hands up today and wonder, what's going on?  The truth is, I'm not wholly sure I understand men. I used to. Back when I was younger, and they were too. Now, I'm dating adults - at least in age. But I'm not wholly convinced they ever truly grow up? They are so much harder to figure out.  The 'man' in question who prompted this bout of introspection seemed to be a decent gentleman with good manners and intelligent brain. He was good fun and we had a really good conversation. He text me that evening to say thanks and plan our next date. And then the subject turned to my boobs, and sex (at his instigation). Him inviting me over to his to hang out was politely declined by yours truly. I'm too old to fall for that line.  Not really impressed, but it did raise an interesting question: Do men seriously think that if they buy you dinner you will fall into bed with them? To a certain extent it could be argued that that is a form of prostitution, and that's just not me. Hence my preference forgoing Dutch on a date. Once we're involved, if he wants to pay for me I'm fine with that - but not all the time. And it's not exactly attractive to guys if the girl expects him to pay all the time (I've been well-informed that this is a reason why the guy won't see you again; joy of male mates).  But seriously, why do guys think big boobs equals easy lay?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment