Tuesday 22 May 2012

Loving the mess in the kitchen

The kitchen is a mess tonight.  It's clean, but it is full of washing up from dinner and the leftovers need putting in the fridge.
But I love it.  I'm not a dirty person, though I am a messy person.  But the reason I'm smiling at the messy kitchen is the fact that I can leave it as it is.  My ex used to sulk like a PMT-ridden bitch if I didn't do the washing up immediately.  Sometimes I didn't want to do it after dinner when I was relaxed and almost in bed.  I can recall multiple instances of him not talking to me for days (yes, plural) for not having done the washing up the same night.
The fact is, I'm free.  I'll tidy the kitchen tomorrow, because I don't want the possibility of mould or insects (yuck!)  But seeing just how messy it is, and revelling in the fact that he's not here to throw his toys out the pram, is such a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment